Monday, February 2, 2009

Bottom

one thing that's on my mind
tonight i'm looking down on
three people in the street
for now it's just procrastination

hoping and praying
drinking and waiting

when door flies open here she comes
boots and legs all the way up to the ceiling
it could be some hipocracy
when i say she shouldnt light another cigarette

right now i'll settle for a hint
of her interest in my unmatched fascination
i dont claim to be educated
in the ways of bringing a sweet woman down

but if down's where you want to go then climb on in
and if you don't want any trouble then don't make a sound
it looks like the bottom's growing nearer
but it's a little too low even for me

hoping and praying
drinking and waiting

when this thing stops moving let me know
i'm in a haze that's thick and laying me low
dont expect a warm handshake or a smile
it's your soul that they want and they'll take it any way

so now i've got to tell you the truth
i'm a dealer and i deal in minds souls and spirits
its not your fault you couldn't have known
that all that talk before was just to get you down here

but if down's where you want to go then stay with me
and if you don't want any trouble then don't make a sound
we've reached the bottom
we've reached the end of you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment