Monday, February 2, 2009

Got The Money

take a look at my smile its a million dollar mile
got some trouble on my mind that gives me away every time

cause i got myself a beauty a dark-haired cutie
a brown-eyed honey she's got the hots for my money

cause when i want her, i want her
and when i need her, i need her
when i say i'm gone, i'm gone
it can never be too long
till i see that face again

driving from the tavern my mind's a whiskey cavern
forget to turn the lights on and hit a trailer head on

policeman tried to test me but i did no confessing
so he took off in his squad car and i walked down to the next bar

cause when i want it, i want it
and when i need it, i need it
when i say i'm gone, i'm gone
it can never be too long
till i have a drink again

my body's old and broken from all the drinkin and the smokin
my mind is on vacation a newfound fascination

so now i've got an urge for a little binge and purge
but the voices in my head say i need a doc instead

so she drives me in the car and drinks from the mason jar
when some oncoming lights break everything open wide

cause when i have it, i don't want it
and when i want it, i can't have it
when i say i'm done, i'm done
it's gonna be too long
till i get a chance again

No comments:

Post a Comment