Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Let Go

its time to make me a list of things i should get done
stop all of this foolin around and think about finally growing up

no more drinking from dusk til dawn, no more falling asleep out in the lawn
start caring more about my health, start taking better care of myself

but i'm having trouble letting go - my plans don't include getting old
i dont want to feel used up like an animal who cant walk
but nobody can bring their self to put down

i could really use a guide for what's left of my mind
cause it doesnt recognize that i'm seeing all the signs

no more spending all my hard earned dough, no more falling for girls that i dont know
start thinking more about settling down, start finding out what its all about

but i'm having trouble letting go - my plans don't include getting old
i dont want to end up alone like a nomad of the railroad
that nobody can bring their self to let inside

get rid of the taste of failure and rise above temptation

now i sit and think of my younger days and how i felt on top of the world
the stories and the smiles i will never trade and the damage and the lies i can't evade

no more reflection on what i cant change, no more changing what i meant to say
start finding a way to improve my life, start showing myself what a man acts like

but i'm having trouble getting old - my plans don't include letting go
i dont want to feel like my life was all a big joke
so i'm going to take the time to make it right

No comments:

Post a Comment