Monday, February 2, 2009

What I Need

knee deep in a lie if i say i need you more than ever
walking away's the key if i say better than never

i take a quick break by the side of the road
let my body rest and stretch my back
my head keeps hanging like a broken dog
sent on my way, my suitcase packed

there was a time not so long ago
when what we had was what we needed
but then a feeling came along
of being tied down and bleeding

i dont want your sympathy
i'm not looking for advice
i just need perspective and a taste of vice

ive been doing some thinking
and trying to put things right
by spending all my money
and staying out all night

people who care want to know
if i'm tipping back the glass
but they dont understand me
when i say you're in the past

i dont want their sympathy
i'm not looking for advice
i just need a couple dollars to get me a vice

No comments:

Post a Comment