Monday, February 2, 2009

Taking Over

it crawls in and squeezes my heart from the inside

make you dance its merry dance
let you say what they want to hear
make you think you're above a science
as it chokes away the years

it lets you know what it's like to hurt
and waits for you to need a friend
it makes you think you're going to live
and die when you want it to end

a thousand thoughts and just one chance to get it right
i cant come out and say the things i want to say tonight
so i keep it tucked away deep down where nothing else can go
and spit it out when i'm by myself so no one else will know
that it crawls in and squeezes my heart from the inside

i cant breathe as my chest rises
the weight of a lifetime bearing down on me
and every mistake i've ever made
suffocating me into a dream

where i know what to do when it comes to her
and know just how to stay in control

No comments:

Post a Comment