Monday, February 2, 2009

Mutt

what do i have to do to get some respect around here
do i shake the hands of men
do i kiss the feet of women

what do i have to do to get my way around here
do i threaten the lives of everyone
am i that kind of person

or do i leave with a rugged limp
no respect, no integreity
and my tail between my legs
just another mutt thrown to the world

what do i have to do to make my stamp on this place
do i write my name on the walls
do i start screaming in the halls

what do i have to do to keep things in focus
can i abandon all hope
at the first signs of clarity

or do i leave with a rugged limp
no candor, no accountability
and my tail between my legs
just another mutt thrown to the world

should i leave with my hand over my mouth
daring to say what needs said
would anyone want to listen
or will they disregard my concern

or do i rumble in with guns blazing
full of despair, full of integrity
and a smile on my face
just another mutt against the world

No comments:

Post a Comment