Monday, February 2, 2009

Lessons Learned

I never thought I'd walk these streets
where my maker and I will meet
there's got to be a better way to deal
with the sorrow and doubt i feel

i'd rather have a fist to the jaw
i'd rather take a damning walk
to keep all the other folks on track
dont let it be a shot in the back

just let it be something pure
just let it be merciful
and let them watch and learn
of the debt and sins i've earned

for lessons are learned with a heavy heart
and a pinebox for the dearly departed

maybe i couldve changed my ways
maybe i couldve bettered my days
started to live for my family
started to give a little less to me

maybe i did what i had to do
maybe i thought what i did was true
a heart in the dark cannot see
it really hurts you and me

for lessons are learned with a heavy heart
and a pinebox for the dearly departed

No comments:

Post a Comment